Monday, December 15, 2014

Meditation for busy times


Who has time to practice or meditate during the holidays?  Between our busy calendars, shopping sprees, traveling to go see family, it can get difficult to take time off for ourselves for the things we love and to stay on track with our yoga and exercise regimes. 

The meditation below is a beautiful short and sweet meditation poem by Thich Nhat Hanh.  It takes 2 minutes at the most. You can do this anywhere, and you can repeat it as many times as you'd like. I like taking it apart and focusing on a piece of it (smile, let go).  I have been teaching it this week in class. It truly changes the energy of the entire room. 


Breathing in, I know I’m breathing in.
Breathing out, I know I’m breathing out.
(In. Out.)

Breathing in, my breath grows deep.
Breathing out, my breath grows slow.
(Deep. Slow.)

Breathing in, I’m aware of my body.
Breathing out, I calm my body.
(Aware of body. Calming.)

Breathing in, I smile.
Breathing out, I release.
(Smile. Release.)

Breathing in, I dwell in the present moment.
Breathing out, I enjoy the present moment.
(Present moment. Enjoy.)


Hope everyone is having an amazing December so far. 


With love, 

P

No comments:

Post a Comment