Friday, December 16, 2011

Meditation Challenge FAIL

So my meditation challenge didn't work out.  I was busy with finals, having friends in town, friends leaving town, and in plain English, I just didn't do it.   In the meantime, I have friends going on 10 day retreats.  How are they doing this?

Failing to finish something I told myself I was going to, breaking my own promises, makes me feel a little crappy about myself.  This is not the first time I have done this and I have come to terms that sometimes I don't do things that I tell myself I am going to do.  I don't even come up with excuses, I just don't do them.  This is forcing some bad karma on me, I am sure.  Just the negative thought that I failed on something is a bad karmic seed.  Angry thoughts are followed by your prana.  I know all this.  Blah.

Rather than beat myself up about it (which I used to be able to do for hours), I now face how I am feeling.  This facing of emotions takes time, and it becomes a great excuse to meditate. So I sit down, break down the emotion and bring that emotion full circle.  First, I accept that the emotion is coming from me, it's my karmic seed. I also meditate on knowing that I chose to label the emotion as I did ("failing" makes me feel shitty)  I change the label of the emotion (boom! now my failure is a learning experience in which now I can take the opportunity to be good and reliable to others) and at last, accept that this feeling it's just an idea I created in your head.  It's empty.

 So here I am.  After enjoying a meditation, I am going through old emails, responding to invites, being honest about what event I can go to and which one I can't attend.  Being reliable to others.  Stopping the cycle.  

No comments:

Post a Comment