Saturday, August 11, 2012

Summer reading list

When on the beach!

- Yoga Anatomy by Leslie Kaminoff (for studying)

- In the Garden of Beasts by Erik Larson (leisure and suspense)

- Anything by his Holiness the Dalai Lama. I'm reading "Healing Anger." You should know some basics of Buddhism to read this.

- Let the Right One In (vampire tale for adults)

- Daily Readings from Everyday a Friday by Joel Osteen. although Osteen appeals to a mostly Christian audience, he is amazing at pointing out the basics of being a good person in an universal language. Those of us that know that God has many names and forms will appreciate this book. It touches on the basics of living your life in a manner that will make you and those around you happy. Surprise nice read.

What are You reading?

With love,

P

2 comments:

  1. Nice list. I have a Yoga anatomy (Judith Hanson Lasater) book as well as a copy of "Let The Right One" staring at me as I type.

    My late, late summer reading list is:
    Age of Miracles Karen Walker Thompson
    The Crying of Lot 49 Thomas Pynchon
    Deep Nutrition Catherine Shanahan

    Did you enjoy Larsen?

    Can't reconcile Osteen, but I do appreciate his speaking ability. He just comes off as too shiny for my taste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed the book very much! Was very surprised with how fast I read the book! And Osteen is definitely not for everyone. My sister who is not very religious likes him so I had to check it out... The crying of lot 49 is on my list as well!

    ReplyDelete