Friday, October 1, 2010

Detoxing for Fall

In the last few weeks, I have been detoxing by doing lots of mental laundry (working on removing negativity from around me)  along with watching my diet (no more dairy, cutting down on bread, very little refined sugar), I am also drinking my daily vitamin b12  (good mood in a vitamin) and cutting out unhealthy habits- Phew!  I am doing all this in preparation for a positive and healthy winter.

In our asana practice, to detox is to twist.  When twisting, all your organs get a rush of fresh blood when you release a twist- oxygen rushes and energy releases onto the energy centers equally.  Twisting is also good for your nervous system, bringing it stimulation which is perfect for the cooling weather blues.  I have put together a lovely twist class for tomorrow's class at Sangha Yoga Shala with hopes that the students get a dosage of brand new energy and begin to prepare for winter as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment