Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Day 2- Yoga and Meditation Challenge

Classes: 
Jivamukti with Cassandra
Conquering Lion Yoga with Lisa Jacobson

Meditation:
NONE. WTF.  (Too sleepy in the AM, high on caffeine in the PM).

Observations:

Cassandra's class was amazing!  It was really, really challenging in a good way. Clear instruction into full standing bow, and some crazy pose that looks something like the one below, but the arms are in knees, chest and chin arms.  Your chin is on the floor!  And now my chin is slightly bruised.  But it was really fun.  I also loved her class included handstand practice, forearm stand practice into scorpion, and half-moon pose with bow variation.




Lisa Jacobson's class at The Three Jewels:  If you've not had a chance to go to Lisa's class, you are really missing out.  Lisa's class started with a Dharma talk that made me all warm and fuzzy, a feeling that lasted throughout the entire class.  The class itself was a challenging, with many twists.  The music was awesome, and her adjustments are like getting a massage every time.  I felt surprisingly energetic through the class even though I had just finished the class at Jiva.  Lastly,  the savasana adjustment I got from Lisa is probably the best one I've had in my life- lavender oil massage on my shoulders and a scalp massage that felt I was at the hair salon.  I left the class high on yoga.

P.S.  My muscles are sore as f&^k!

No comments:

Post a Comment