Friday, December 31, 2010

Day 3 and 4- Yoga and Meditation Challenge

DAY 3

Classes: 
Alana Kessler's Ashtanga inspired Vinyasa flow at Sangha Yoga Shala
Self Practice at the gym for 45 minutes

Meditation:
15 minutes

Notes:


Alana's Ashtanga inspired Vinyasa was surprisingly delicious.  I shy away from ashtanga because I prefer the unexpected sequences and flow of a vinyasa class rather than the perfect structure of the asthanga series.  Alana's class perfectly balanced the two.  The precise breath count felt like each pose was allowing my mind to take a break and to deeply enter each pose.  At the end of the class, I felt like I had meditated for an hour and 15 minutes.

Speaking of meditation, I can't seem to meditate on my own for as long as i'd like, now more than ever.  Putting pressure on myself  had the opposite effect on what I was trying to accomplish, and now I feel forced to meditate which makes me feel anxious about meditation thus making it much harder to achieve a calm mind.  Add the fact that i checked my bb as soon as I woke up, drank a bit too much wine and do not have earplugs, and there goes my meditation practice.  

I should have known better- Lama Kelly had warned us about the effects of checking our phones before meditation.  Also, she told us to get ear plugs so unexpected noises don't distract us (there is construction next to my apartment).  So I bought some earplugs and the challenge continues.

DAY 4

Yesterday I took a break from the challenge since I taught yoga all day long!  I practiced for about 45 minutes on my own.  

I was not sore yesterday.  My muscles got used to the beating quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment